Here’s a roundup of happenings in the tablet world in May:
- HTC’s 7-inch Flyer is on pre-order at Best Buy for $499. It went on sale May 22. That gets you a 16GB device that will work with 3G and 4G sometime later this year from Sprint.
- The Dell Streak 10.1” tablet debuts in June, but there’s no word on price
- HP’s webOS TouchPad tablet goes in sale mid-year at Walmart for $599 for the 32Gb wifi model. It has a 10” display
- Amazon will launch its Android-powered tablets later this year, a 7” version for as low as $349 and a 10-inch version for $449 — cheaper than the iPad.
- The Acer Iconia A 100 tablet, a 7” device, looks like it’ll be delayed because of some incompatibility issues with Android 3.0. Seems not all apps display well in the smaller screen size. Released delayed until August or September.